background

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Milk and Honey Bread


What you need:
 1 1/8 cups milk
 3 tablespoons honey
 3 tablespoons butter melted
 3 cups flour ( I use one cup whole wheat flour and two cups white flour)
 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
 2 teaspoons active dry yeast

 I'm not a good bread maker so I use my bread machine for this.  Put it on the dough setting and then roll in crescent rolls and bake in my oven.  This is a great dough recipe that I use for many different purposes.

 What to do:
 1. Put ingredients in order listed into bread machine
 2. Use dough setting and press start (this takes about one and a half hours to process dough)
 3. Take dough out and place on pizza pan
 4. Roll out dough so that it covers pan.  It will look like your getting ready to make a pizza.
 5. Using pizza cutter, cut into 12 pieces (looks like pizza slices)
 6. Starting with wide end roll dough forward so that it creates a crescent roll (as shown above)
 7. You can leave these plain or mix it up.  Sometimes I brush with melted butter before rolling up
     I also like to sprinkle cheese inside before rolling up.  I've used cheddar and grated parmesan.
 8. Place crescent rolls on greased cookie sheet.  Let rise for at least one hour.  
 9. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

 I originally found this recipe on southernfood.about.com and put my own twist by adding just a little more milk and mixing white and whole wheat flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment