background

Monday, April 22, 2013

Pizza Braid



What you need:
1. Bread dough for one loaf of bread.  You can use Rhodes dough or I used the Milk and Honey Bread recipe on my breads page
2. About 1/2 to 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce
3. About 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
4. 1 package sliced pepperoni (or italian sausage, canadian bacon) whatever you like!
5. 1 baby red bell pepper chopped
6. 1 baby yellow bell pepper chopped
7. 1 teaspoon  italian seasonings
8. 2 tablespoons melted butter
9. Grated parmesan cheese




What to do:
1. Thaw bread (Rhodes or something similar)dough completely or make recipe of bread dough.


2. On lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough into large rectangle.  I did mine a little smaller than an average sized cookie sheet.


3. Spread spaghetti sauce into a rectangle in the center of dough (see pictures below).
4. Add whatever ingredients you like on a pizza.  I used the ingredients above because it was what I had in my fridge. Have fun with it!
5. I did my ingredients in layers with cheese sprinkled generously throughout. Sprinkle with Italian seasonings.


6. Cut pizza dough (I used my kitchen scissors) in about 1 inch strips.  Be sure to cut an even number of dough strips on each side of the dough rectangle. 
I left a bigger piece at both ends and just folded toward pizza ingredients before I started alternating individual strips.

7. Alternate folding dough strips over pizza ingredients 
8. You now have a beautiful pizza braid!  Brush with melted butter and sprinkle top with grated Parmesan and Italian seasonings.
9. Put on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment