background

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Root Beer Pulled Pork

It's only fitting that I fixed this now because it's my moms birthday today and this is something I know she would enjoy.  Wish you were here to share it with us mom! It was totally delicious!  It was moist, sweet, and best of all extremely quick and easy to make.   It literally takes less than 5 minutes to throw in your crock pot.  Once its done cooking all you have to do is pull the meat out, shred it with a couple of forks and then pour the liquid from crock pot over the shredded pork. I don't like my meat dripping in liquid, so I don't use all of it. You can mix it up however you desire.  Then put it on a bun and top with some coleslaw.  Quick, easy, and good to eat!
What you need:
Aprox. 2 lb. pork tenderloin
12 ounces root beer
1 18 ounce bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce ( I used K C Masterpiece)
1 small package coleslaw
1 package buns

What to do:
1. Place meat in crock pot, pour root beer and barbecue sauce over pork.  Put the lid on and let slow cook for about 8 hours.
2. Remove the pork tenderloin and shred, take sauce from slow cooker and pour over meat.  I don't like mine dripping in sauce so I didn't use all of it.  You can adjust it to light or heavy on the sauce, whatever you like.
3. Get your bun and pile it with your pulled pork, then top with coleslaw.  

    You're ready to dive in and enjoy!

I found this recipe in a mailing I received from allrecipes.  It was an advertisement for a new magazine they are publishing and this was inside(along with a bunch of other great recipes).  I did it a little differently then what the had, but the ingredients are all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment