background

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Scotcheroos Recipe

This recipe came via Taylor Keleher and her mom Natalie Dallinga. Thanks ladies!
These are really delicious and could be highly addictive(maybe its the sugar rush).  
The pan of Scotcheroos didn't last 24 hours at my house.


What you need:
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup Karo syrup
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups rice krispies
6 oz. butterscotch chips
6 oz. chocolate chips ( I used milk chocolate chips)
cooking spray or butter/margarine

What to do:
1. Mix sugar and Karo in large pan.
2. Bring to a full boil, then remove from heat.
3. Add peanut butter and mix gently and well.
4. Add rice krispies and mix until completely coated.
5. In greased 9 x 13 pan, push down lightly until smoothed over on top.
6. Melt butterscotch and chocolate chips ( I did mine in the microwave)
cooking for about 60 seconds then stirring and cooking another 30 and repeating til melted.
7. Stir well, spread over top of rice krispies
8. Cool (I put mine in the fridge for a little bit) and cut.

These are a really easy, sweet, rich and  topped with chocolate.  What's not to like?  The only problem I had with these is that I believe they could be highly addictive.  I had eaten these in the past at special gatherings but had never tried making them. I think this recipe is a treasure, one that I for sure want to hang onto! Thanks Taylor for sharing your mom's recipe . . . sure to be enjoyed by many.

No comments:

Post a Comment