background

Monday, September 2, 2013

Mom's Zucchini Bread Recipe

So I'm at it again.  Baking some more breads to freeze for my daughter's wedding reception.  This time I thought I'd try some zucchini bread.  Rebecca gave me two huge zucchini's  and I think when I've finally finished making bread from them I will end up with 10 or more loaves.  Wow!  I searched around and found this recipe on allrecipes.com  which is another one of my favorite places to find good recipes. . . and I wasn't disappointed.  This is a delicious bread recipe, a real treat and a great way to use up some of that zucchini that stayed on the vine a little too long.
 
 
What you need:
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup oil (or for a healthier version you can use applesauce instead)
2 1/4 cups white granulated sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
 
What to do:
1. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In large bowl; beat eggs, oil, vanilla and white sugar until creamy.
3. Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
4. Beat together dry ingredients and creamy mixture.
5. Add shredded zucchini and chopped nuts and beat until mixture is combined well.
6. Pour batter into prepared baking pans (will fill each about half way).
7. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, until tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8.  Cool in pan on baking rack for about 20 minutes.
9. Remove bread from pans and cool completely on baking rack.
 
I really liked this recipe and will definitely be making this again (probably tomorrow night and the night after that).  I'll be whipping this up until I use all the shredded zucchini I have and I think its
gonna take a while.  I ended up baking my first batch for about 55 minutes and the second batch (which was the mini loaves) for about 45 minutes.  I used chopped pecans in mine and we loved the flavor.  I would use whichever I had on hand or use no nuts at all and think it would be delicious any of these ways.  I think you'll really enjoy this one . . .all I can say about this recipe is . . . YUM!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment