background

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Angel Food Cake & Berries Delight

 This recipe is really easy and delicious.  Two of my favorite things.  The other night we went
to an end of season party for my daughters volleyball team.  One of the other moms brought this and its was so good I had to find out how it was done.  Here is my spin on Robin's great dessert that was enjoyed by many.  This is a great summer dessert. It's fresh, light and yummy. I'm going to give you my version, which involves a store bought angel food cake (I got mine at Sam's Club). 
 I like their cake because it's huge and fresh.  If you feel really
ambitious you can make your angel food cake from scratch or a box recipe.  I prefer to buy mine.
What you need:
1 Angel food cake
1 8 ounce container of cool whip
1 small box white chocolate pudding mix (3.56 oz)
2 cups milk
1 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
1 1/3 cup fresh sliced strawberries
1/2 cup fresh raspberries

What to do:
1. Measure 2 cups cold milk into medium sized bowl & add pudding mix.
2. Mix with wire whisk until blended well and put in fridge.
3. Wash berries and set aside to dry.
4. Cut angel food cake into cubes and put in Ziploc bag until ready to use.
I used about 2/3 of the Sam's club angel food cake because its so huge.  If its a
smaller one you'll need to use the whole cake.  I cut into slices and
then cut the slices into cubes.  Bite size pieces.
5. Stir cool whip into chilled pudding mix and fold gently until well blended.
6. Now gently add 1 cup blueberries and 1 cup strawberries
folding in with large spoon til well blended.
I held out 1/3 cup blueberries and sliced strawberries to garnish the top.
I also used 1/2 cup raspberries on top.  I chose not to fold them into the
dessert because they're so delicate I thought they'd fall apart.
7. Now put into the fridge and chill before eating.
You can do any kind of berries in this you like.  Have fun with it
 and adjust to your taste.  I wouldn't make this too far ahead of time
because you don't want the angel food cake to get soggy.
It's really easy to just throw together at the last minute if you have the berries, cake pieces
 and pudding-cool whip mixture ready to go.  Just mix together, garnish with berries and enjoy!!
  The only problem with this is you'll want seconds and thirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment