background

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Lettuce Wraps

Okay friends here it is, the lettuce wrap recipe that's "the one" for me. 
 I've searched and finally found.
For some time, I've been looking for a really good lettuce wrap recipe.  
I've tried a few and they always weren't quite right.  
I finally found a recipe that's delicious, easy and one I will use over and over!
I found the original recipe on damndelicious.net where they claim this is the same
 recipe that PF Chang's uses.  I did change the recipe a bit, below is my take on it.




What you need:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound finely chopped cooked chicken
2 cloves garlic, minced (I use minced garlic from a jar)
for me 1 teaspoon = 1 clove minced garlic
1 onion diced (I do mine in my mini food processor)
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 teaspoon sriracha
1 8 ounce can sliced water chestnuts (drained & diced)
3 to 4 green onions (thinly diced)
salt and pepper to taste
1 head butter leaf lettuce

What to do:
1. Heat olive oil in skillet and add onion, garlic, ginger and sauces, saute for about
1 to 2 minutes or until onions appear to be translucent.
2. Add chicken and stir until heated completely, about  an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Stir in water chestnuts and green onions and cook until tender, about a minute.

4. Salt and pepper to taste and it's ready to put on the lettuce leafs and devour!
5. To serve, spoon onto open lettuce leaf
and eat taco style with the lettuce leaf replacing the tortilla.

YUM! Just writing this post makes me want to go make a batch of these to munch on!
These make a perfect summer meal with a little melon on the side.
You can serve these as the main dish or as an appetizer.  If you have any of the
chicken mixture left over, it's great as left overs the next day!

I like to use my Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe or the Perfect Chicken Recipe
and make a big batch of the chicken that I can use in multiple recipes throughout the week.
These lettuce wraps are just one of the ways!




No comments:

Post a Comment